A Long Island group calling itself against the casino association has found a new way to push out Las Vegas Sands’ Naso County casino bid. 파친코 Recently, the cross-party community found potential tax breaks for the company to attract billions of casinos and entertainment resorts to the Naso Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
However, Las Vegas Sands will need to acquire one of the three Downstate gaming licenses available to build a casino in the area. Earlier this year, the Game Facilities Location Committee announced the start of the application request, allowing third-party companies to submit bids for review. The winning application will be announced at the end of 2023.
The group claimed in a press release that the casino operator plans to clear up gambling losses exceeding $2 billion a year. The group said most of the money is expected to come from residents of Nassau County. The group pointed out that seeking tax cuts to offset poor promises and exploit gambling losses for residents is a revelation of a greedy push for casinos in the community.
Based on Newsday’s report, Las Vegas Sands said it may seek to exempt sales taxes on construction materials and reduce mortgage records taxes. As part of their agreement, the company plans to provide PILOT instead of tax to various entities such as counties, school districts, and Hempstead Town.
Previously, Game Leader and Nassau County signed a 99-year lease on land around Old Barn. The company will pay US$5 million per year for the land, and if it gets one of the licenses, the rent will double. As a continuing casino, the county will receive US$25 million for the first three years in addition to annual rent.
Nassau County administrator Bruce Blakeman vowed the casino project would create thousands of jobs and economic prosperity in the region. But groups like “Against the Casino Citizens’ Association” disagree with the casino on Long Island. Meanwhile, Hofstra University, located close to the building, said county officials violated the law by negotiating with the company.
The group also organized a rally to protest the possibility of pursuing a casino business, which was held in late May, just before the Nassau County Council voted to hand over leaseholds of Nassau Hub and Coliseum to the game company, an attempt to divert officials.
But the rally was futile on Monday, May 22, 2023, as local officials voted 17-1 in favor of allowing gambling leaders to rent, paving the way for the launch of a world-class casino resort. The legislature cited job creation and economic prosperity in Nassau County as reasons for approving the measure.