Uncategorized

Macau to boost total gaming sales in slumping Sept

Nearly 40 casinos in Macau reported a disappointing September, with total gaming revenue down 49.6% year-over-year to just over $366.33 million.

The 30-day figure represented a 35.3% sequential rise, compared with August’s tally of about $270.73 million, according to a Saturday report by Inside Asian Gaming, which cited official information from Enclave’s Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau regulator. The source explained that September’s record was also the best since May’s roughly $413.19 million, and about 10.6% better than April’s roughly $331.07 million.

Long delay:

Macau is home to some of the world’s largest and most prestigious casinos operated by Wynn Macau Limited, MGM China Holdings Limited, Sands China Limited, Melco Resorts and Entertainment Limited, SJM Holdings Limited and Galaxy Entertainment Group Limited. The September tally reportedly means the properties are reportedly just over $3.93 billion in total gaming revenue since the start of the year, and still 53.1 percent below the roughly $8.38 billion tallied for the same period in 2021.

Quarterly views:

Using Saturday’s report on the matter, GGRAsia said the September figure took Macau’s total gaming revenue to about $686.37 million in the third quarter, down more than 70.4% compared with about $2.32 billion in the same three months of 2021. The deterioration is reportedly due to many casinos in Macau continuing to recover from the 11-day lockdown that began in July following a surge in local coronavirus infections and ongoing restrictions on travel to the mainland.

Visiting Vacuum:

Macau has yet to launch a quarantine-free travel policy for gamblers visiting from mainland China, far below the roughly 108,000 seen in the same month last year, Inside Asian Gaming reported. It welcomed 313,397 tourists in August, a 19% decrease year-on-year, it said, citing data from the Macau government’s tourism bureau and the Central Intelligence Agency.

Optimism ahead:

Nevertheless, there is hope for that horizon, with Macau’s chief executive, Hoat Seng, last week reportedly saying his government is taking positive steps to address a range of tourism-related issues. As part of that, the leader reportedly mentioned that the former Portuguese residence plans to restore package tours and local eVISA plans soon after discussions with China’s central government.

BY: 파워볼사이트 추천

Related Posts

A diligent player plays for OH

“I think it’s sincere and efficient.” The foreign player who will be with Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance in the upcoming season is Slovenian striker Mattei Kok (registered…

IPG Signatures For Asia-Pacific Distribution Contracts Novomatic

Austria-based gaming equipment maker and operator Novomatic Group said it has signed a distribution agreement with Australia-based Ino Pacific Gaming (IPG). The latter company will distribute Novomatic’s full…

Atlanta’s 3% chance of winning the No. 1 pick in 49 years

The Atlanta Hawks have won the No. 1 pick for the first time in 49 years. Atlanta secured the first overall pick in the 2024 NBA Rookie Draft…

Heo Hoon and Heo Jae’s dignity are summoned again

Storytelling is the most important factor in professional sports that grows with the love of fans. It plays a role as a medium that can dramatically amplify interest…

Japanese Investors Join Diamond Fortune Casino Plan

Russia-based Diamond Fortune Holdings Prim LLC said it had “coordinated” its casino project for the integrated entertainment zone (IEZ) in Prim, Prim, near Vladivostok, after welcoming new Japanese…

Ex-Vietnam Partner Pays Silver Heritage US$5.25 Million

Australian-listed gaming operator Silver Heritage Group will receive $5.25 million in compensation from its former business partner in Vietnam after suspending all casinos at Phoenix International Club (pictured)…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *